Standard is the best known work process
- Describe the best known work process
- Ensure repeatability of the process across organisation
- Achieve expectedquality product
- Identify and eliminate unexpectedprocess deviations
- Improve existing standard continuously
Principle of improvement – if I do not know how the processes work, I cannot improve them
Work standardisation answers the following questions:
- 1What needs to be done?
- 2How to do it?
- 3Why should it be done?
- 4How will we train?
- 5How do we secure maintaining standard?