Value stream mapping
Let us recognise the value stream and focus on elimination of activities that do not add value
- Get to know your customer and his/her needs (requirements)
- Satisfy your customer’s requirement
- Learn to differentiate between added and non-added value from the customer’s point of view
- Reduce production lead time
- 1Activities adding value are activities which the customer is willing to pay for
- 2Activities not adding value are activities that are not necessary for the creation of the product and for which the customer does not pay. They are a waste, i.e. redundant costs.
- 3Time when value is added usually forms just a fraction of total time spent in the organisation.